About Mightor Industries, Inc.

Home Forums About About Mightor Industries, Inc.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    tcolvinMI
    Keymaster

Prior to 2001, Mightor Industries didnt really exist.  There were several sites whose members worked together loosely to develop websites dedicated to different technology topics.  Mightor Publications was the first site.  Gweg (one of our moderators) had developed a site dedicated to the many things that interested him, primarily his art and his interests in gaming and technology.  I had a site dedicated to helping those who were in need of PC help and support.  DRAYMAC (a member of the MI team), along with Gweg was working on a site dedicated to original comedic videos.  While at the AMA convention in Richmond, Virginia, we decided to merge the sites together to create Mightor Industries.  Our goal was to group the sites together with one main focus, computers and technology.

Over the years, we've had several different layouts and site designs.  After our primary hosting provider went out of business, we went under for a time.  Mostly, this was due to lack of time and motivation on our parts to keep the site running.  In 2006, Gweg and I decided to get back into the game and we purchased the mightorindustries.net domain and a hosting package from GoDaddy.  It was at this time that the forum you are currently visiting was born.

Between 2006 and today, MI has had its ups and downs keeping a design that we've liked.  Ive played with several options for the site, but have kept coming back to the forum as an ideal candidate for our site.  A few days ago, I decided that MI needed to be community based, with the forum as its primary site.

Our focus is still on computers and technology.  However, we still struggle with lack of time and motivation.  Changes have been made to the forum to broaden our topics of discussion and to build a community interested in the past, present and future of said technology.

We look forward to watching the community grow.  Welcome to MI.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘About Mightor Industries, Inc.’ is closed to new replies.