AMA 2002

Home Forums Other Conventions AMA 2002

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Scott
    Participant

Ya you need to go to another one in Richmond, you can leave a day early and stay the night at my place.

Gweg
    Keymaster

Yeah, that would be awesome, and then we could all go.

Gweg
    Keymaster

Woo, now that Colvin has found the tapes, I can't wait to start capturing and editing, and then make the DVD.  Will be nice to see all that stuff again.

Gweg
    Keymaster

With the recent discussions on videos, I was thinking about the trip Danny, Tim, and myself took to AMA (Anime Mid Atlantic) in Richmond, VA, during the summer of 2002.  When I think back, it was more about the trip than it was about the convention.  Ah, I remember the fun 8 or so hour trip that we had, starting the trip off listening to Robin Williams Live at the Met (“I coulda done betta, Howard!!” – the inside joke from hell, we never shut up about that the entire trip) and the HBO standup special of Dana Carvey's, and then jamming to tunes the rest of the way down.  Then the experience of us not being able to find the convention or our hotel – that was fun.  When we got there, it was cool hanging around and seeing all the booths.  After looking around, we had a nice dinner at Ruby Tuesday's, then went back to the convention for more looking around.  Ha, later that night, I remember we went to Toy's R Us, and Danny bought himself a GameCube with ResidentEvil.  Man, that was fun hooking it up to the hotel's TV.  Of course, on that Saturday, we did more hanging and looking around, and of course more “Howard” jokes.

The highlight of that day was the cosplay event.  While waiting in line for the event, we became bored and started making more jokes – somehow we started talking about the Crocodile Hunter and Subaru's, and Danny made the crack saying (as the Croc Hunter), “Look, there goes Paul Hogan in his Subaru Outback!!”  We laughed so hard at that.  Then we finally got seated and while they were filling the room, Safety Dance started to play over the speaker system, and I remember some of the people that were in costume got up and stage and started doing the safety dance.  That night, we stuffed ourselves at Pizza Hut.  Sunday is a bit fuzzy, but I think we wrapped some things up, did some quick browsing, had McDonald's and went on our way.  We jammed to some more tunes, and that was it.

We did get a lot of stuff on DV tape, which I need to get from Tim.  But once I do, I want to edit everything together and make a DVD of the whole experience, even tho it was almost 4 years ago, I'd still like to see it again.

I would love to do another trip like that again someday.  And I just realized, we ate great that weekend.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.