Amazon Cloud

Home Forums Lounge Amazon Cloud

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Gweg
    Keymaster

This news is a bit old, but I just feel like plugging for Amazon, because their newest idea is the best thing since the introduction of Prime shipping: the Amazon Cloud Drive and Player.

The idea is simple, if you have an account at Amazon, you get 5gigs of free storage for whatever you want.  And if it's music, you can use the Cloud Player to stream your music over any connected computer (or if you got it, an Android based device).

The coolest thing is this – if you purchase MP3 albums from Amazon, they will store your purchase on your Cloud Drive, for free, and it never counts against your 5gigs!  You can then download your songs to your computer/PMP/phone/whatever-device, and you can still keep the songs in the Drive.  Right now, as a bonus, if you purchase an album, you get a year of 20gigs of storage for free (and additional storage plans up to 1TB, for just $1 a gig per year)!  I've already been using it for a few days now, and I love it, as I don't have to worry about taking my music to work with my anymore.

Well, I now have another reason to never use iTunes (in addition to the fact that Amazon MP3's are DRM free)!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.