Another pass

Home Forums Mightor Industries Development Another pass

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    tcolvinMI
    Keymaster

Ok, so I didnt get as much done as I wanted to….mostly due to lack of motivation.  However, the categories and static content seems to be working.  I still have a few things to do with Static Content, but the overall concept is there.

Have fun with it.

tcolvinMI
    Keymaster

If you were wondering, the CMS idea is not dead.  In fact, Ive actually gone in and rewritten parts, which I now consider version 002.  Right now, the only function that works is categories.  However, you will notice a significant difference between v001 and v002.  v001 did not have the ability to edit categories, or validation against creating categories with the same name or to be able to assign a parent category to itself.  So if I have category1, it cannot have a parent category of category1. 

If you get a chance, test this out for me and see if there's something I missed.  Im sure Ive overlooked something.  In the meantime, Im going to get content by category working again.  The only improvement I see that I could make at the moment is allowing the name and description to be formatted using the editor, as well as displaying the entire description when viewing all categories.  So far, thats the only thing Ive found to not be working. 

Once I go back to work after the first of the year, development will probably become a bit stagnant til probably summertime.  But, its a work in progress.  My plan is by the end of the summer to have version 0.1 ready for release.  The plan is to use 0.1 to power the Mightor Industries main site, as well as other possible sites within Mightor Industries.  The 0.1 release will include categories, content, and the ability to create navigation bars. 

Also notice Ive made an attempt to create breadcrumbs.  However, this is currently hard coded.  I plan to take care of that this week by writing a routine that will dynamically figure out where you're at.

Feel free to post any ideas.  I'd like to have the MI main site redesigned by the end of the summer.  Hopefully someone will read this and present some ideas for designing the main site.  Greg and Scott, if you have any ideas, post them here.

By the way, here's the link:  http://midev.mightorindustries…..index.html

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.