Anyone Else Know About Crush 40?

Home Forums Lounge Anyone Else Know About Crush 40?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mozgus
    Participant

Wow, you're still alive greg. You ever ganna hop on AIM?

I've actually been listening to all the Sonic vocal tracks, including the ones from all the modern Sonic games I've been passing up. I actually like the butt-rock.

Gweg
    Keymaster

Hey Steve!  I've been meaning to try and get back on AIM at some point.  As you've probably heard from Tim, things in my life have changed a lot in the past couple of years, and because of that, I've lost touch with a lot of people that are not local.  I'm trying to fix this.

Anyway, yeah, I've listened to pretty much all the new vocal tracks from the games, but I always come back liking the Crush 40 songs over any of the other songs by different artists/bands.  I guess I just took a liking to Crush 40;s sound (and I'm a fan of Johnny's vocals, as I listen to Axel Rudi Pell a lot as well).

Gweg
    Keymaster

If you don't, SHAME ON YOU!!   >:(

Okay, I'll give you a little insight.  They are a rock band who's primary members are:

– Johnny Gioeli – Singer; used to be lead signer of the rock band Hardline, also current singer for the metal group Axel Rudi Pell (which is also the name of the guitarist)
    – Jun Senoue – Lead Guitarist; has been involved in many SEGA projects and games

They originally were called “Sons of Angels”, and did a series of songs for SEGA's earlier Daytona USA racing games (I believe Johnny was a replacement for lead singer Eric Martin, who is also lead singer of the 80's rock group, Mr. Big).  Their first song as Crush 40 was “Open Your Heart”, found on the Dreamcat's “Sonic Adventure”.

Since then, Johnny and Jun became good friends, and have exclusively written songs for many of the Sonic the Hedgehog games, since “Sonic Adventure”.

I tell ya, Johnny has such raw, rock vocals, and Jun is a master shredder on the guitar.  The reason I'm posting this is because I just recently got back into listening to the band heavily, and finally have a collection of all their songs (even the Crush 40 version of songs released by other bands on other Sonic games).  I'm really excited, also, because they will be having a new song coming out soon, titled “Knight of the Wind”, for the upcoming Wii Console game called “Sonic and the Black Knight” (which looks like a sweet game).  That song is awesome!!

So, yeah, I thought I would share this with others, as they NEED to know about this band.  For more information, you can visit Jun Senoue's Homepage (http://junsenoue.com/) or the Official Crush 40 MySpace Page (http://www.myspace.com/crush40official), which you can preview a few songs.

Also as a side note, all of their songs, with the exception of “Sonic Heroes” and “All Hail Shadow”, you would never know they were songs for games (Daytona USA, Sonic), because they are such AWESOME rock songs.  All their songs just have such a great 80's rock feel.  I highly recommend this band if you're looking for something new.

EDIT: Also, for anyone interested, here is a link for the Tokyo Game Show trailer of “Sonic and the Black Knight” on YouTube –> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…..MemZgkPEZ8 – “Knight of the Wind” is playing, so that gives you a preview of the tune.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.