Anyone out there?

Home Forums Lounge Anyone out there?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Scott
    Participant

Two weeks?  More like two months.

[size=8pt]ooooo spell checker works,

fancy.[/size]

tcolvinMI
    Keymaster

I know.  I was giving everyone (mostly the three of us) the benefit of the doubt.  Wondering

what to really do with this forum now.  No one seems to have any time to even post to it seems like, and

we've become a small community of about three or four.  Ive been thinking of doing some redesigns of the

entire site anyway, which would involve taking the forum down.  Looks to me like it wouldnt really affect

anything.  I havent heard from Greg in FOREVER, which Im sure is because he's busy, which I totally

understand.  I definitely dont plan on giving up the site or the forum, but its just become stagnant over the

last several months.  Good thing the hosting is cheap.

Scott
    Participant

Ya attic's been pretty dead too.  I also haven't heard from Greg in a long time, he

hasn't been on aim.

Gweg
    Keymaster

Just haven't been on the internet much lately.  It literally interests me no more.  The

internet has become one of the most boring places in the world.  Anyway, I should be around more soon later,

just not at the moment.  Tinkered with overclocking a few things in my system, and now I've got some

problems to fix, so once I sort those out, I should be around more.

Scott
    Participant

Iv found the exact same thing, the internet is really boring.  I go to four sites and thats it, I

look at game reviews and web comics and I look through the wow forums because I find the mentally retarded people

who post there really funny.  Other then that there is just nothing to do on the internet.

tcolvinMI
    Keymaster

Ive found that most of my time spent on the internet is researching things im working on.  I hardly

ever spend any time on the net just goofing around or whatever.  The only places I really go, with exception to

the Mightor Industries Web Forums (obvious plug) and Attic Inc, are Slashdot, Digg and CNN.  I frequent my

email a lot just because its become obsessive habit.  Other than that, I dont really do much on the net. 

There arent a lot of interesting places I like to go anymore.  I may come across a forum on programming but

thats usually when im looking for something specific.  Half of the time, Im researching or working on something

that requires internet usage. 

tcolvinMI
    Keymaster

Anyone alive out there?  I know everyone's busy, but havent seen a post to the forum since we started talking about the CMS.  Just wondering what everyone's up to?

As far as me, things have been incredibly busy with getting this release out the door and moving buildings at work.  Since we obtained a lease for our new building, Ive been concentrating a lot of evenings and weekends to installing a new network from scratch.  We ran new wire, installed new jacks and wall plates and just yesterday I finished installing a patch panel.  All in all, we ran about 86 wires, installed 86 jacks and punched down 86 ports in the patch panel.  So far, everything seems to be working there.  Now I can concentrate on finishing the scripting that needs done for this release, get the QA fixes done, and get that damn thing out the door.  Hopefully after that's done, I can get back into the CMS a bit.  Im itching to get something together for that.

Scott
    Participant

I've just been working on some 3D models for my portfolio.  My dad also asked me to make a logo for his work place, apparently the logo his people came up with is really hokey.

tcolvinMI
    Keymaster

I hope he's paying you for it.  Usually, graphic designers get paid a good chunk for that sort of stuff.

Scott
    Participant

They really shouldn't its incredibly easy and not very time consuming.  It's the 3D people that should really get the pay, sculpting a character perfectly, laying out UVs(spirit breaking work), making textures, riging characters and painting weights(you just want to kill yourself), and animating.  If you work for a big company you will be doing one or two of those thing, if you work for a small company you may have to do all of those things.  Seth seriously has no idea how easy he has it as a graphic designer.

tcolvinMI
    Keymaster

Can you hear me now?  Its been well over six months since anyone (including myself) has posted to the forum.  Seems like we've all died off and gone to other places.  I realize we're all busy.  Hope to see someone come around.

Just a few things.

Windows 7 is due for release in October.  Looks like its gonna be decent this time.  Ive been running the RC since its release and it seems to be pretty stable.  Ive only blue screened it once, and that was from trying to install then uninstall a program that isnt supported in Vista or in 7.  Otherwise, it looks pretty solid.  Also, today, I removed over 90 GB of data from an external HDD connected through USB2.0 and I have to say, I was impressed that it took so little time (around 2-3 minutes).  XP certainly doesnt react that well. 

Netbooks seem to be all the rage now.  Anyone got any real experience with this?  And if so, are you ready for the cloud?  Seems to be the way people are going these days.  If you try to do anything locally on these machines, be prepared to be disappointed, as they're not designed for this type of computing.  Netbooks are primarily to be used for the web and being in the cloud, which could take Google to a whole new level with their online applications, such as Documents, Spreadsheets, etc.

Speaking of Google, I recently started using Google Bookmarks more and more.  It provides a nice central repository for all of your bookmarks that you can access from anywhere.  If you're a Firefox user, you can get an extension (GBookmarks) that will add a menu item to your menu bar for easy access to your Google Bookmarks within Firefox. 

Thats about all I have right now.  Havent been tinkering much due to health issues and work (as usual).

Until next time

Gweg
    Keymaster

Ha, I haven't logged into here for awhile.  As Tim knows, I've been busy with summer classes.  They ended last week, and since then, I've been catching up on getting things done outside, and getting some gaming in.

Been mostly dealing with my computer, and its new set of issues.  No bad hardware or anything, it's just getting old – I've been noticing some major slow downs, especially on processor intensive tasks.  I believe the CPU is probably ready for retirement (or at least let go of the heavy everyday responsibilities).  I also have a 500 GB hard drive that is reporting a warning on its health status – not good, as I have 400 GB of data on that drive, and nowhere to put it right now.  Six years of non stop use on the CPU and 2 years of constant reading, writing, and moving on that hard drive – those are enough to wear down hardware.  Oh well.

Also, the Bonneville needs new brake pads, all around, BAD, the pedal is getting extremely mushy, and the car is getting much harder to stop.  Going to have to squeeze the funds to get those.  Awesome.

So, there's what I've been up too.

D-RAYMAC
    Participant

Howdy! Just wanted to say hey!

tcolvinMI
    Keymaster

Is there anyone out there?  Hello?  The forum has been completely stagnant for at least two

weeks.  Doesnt anyone, besides me, have anything to say?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.