ATHF

Home Forums Lounge ATHF

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Gweg
    Keymaster

Oh man, that is hilarious.  Great publicity for the movie tho!!

Scott
    Participant

The craziest thing is that those lightbrights  were put up three weeks before all this happened.

Gweg
    Keymaster

I guess people are slow to notice them, but quick to react to them.  People can be really dumb sometimes.  But man, I can't wait for the movie.

Scott
    Participant

Ya it looks pretty funny, I just can't believe it's actually going to be in real theaters.  I just can't believe it can pull the kind of numbers that would allow the funding of a project of this magnitude, it's crazy.

D-RAYMAC
    Participant

Well, if the movie is anything like the show, it isn't exactly on a high level of production values. I see it as an hour and 1/2 show with some fancy stuff thrown in. Maybe a couple cameos from stars.

As for getting ppl in to the theater to watch it, that is a different story. I know my neck of the woods here in Cambridge there isn't alot of ppl that watch Adult Swim. If they do it would be for Family Guy or the since departed Futurama. I would say 1% or as bold as 2% have watched ATHF. And even 5% maybe have “heard” about it.

I am gonna guess that the movie will be in select theaters first. Napoleon Dynamite was handled the same way, never made it out of select theaters and became a huge hit on DVD.

Scott
    Participant

Ya that's what I was thinking, limited release.  I know it probably costs next to nothing to make the movie, it's just I didn't think AS had the resources to bring it to theaters, since I know it costs a butt load.  Hopefully it makes a lot of money and they make a Venture Bros. Movie.

D-RAYMAC
    Participant

That would be great!
    ;D

Scott
    Participant

Well Greg will get a kick out of this news report.  Adult Swim set up 9 magnetic light displays around Boston to promote the “Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie for Theaters” movie and the Boston police apparently thought these displays, Ignot flipping the bird as hard as he can, were terrorist bombs.  This shut down the whole transit system in the city, including the subway and a bunch of the bridges.  All of the news reports are calling the story a very serious bomb hoax.  I don't really understand why they call it a bomb hoax, AS didn't try to make them look like bombs or say they were bombs, their paper thin magnet sheets that light up.  People completely freak out over the smallest things.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.