Cellphones and You

Home Forums Lounge Cellphones and You

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Gweg
    Keymaster

Hmm, well, I use 2 phones actually.  Those that know me know about my 4 year Motorola V400 (silver flip phone).  I've had that thing forever, but within the last year, the battery won't last more than about 3 days.  Also, seems the side buttons don't work anymore.  I still use it time to time, cuz it is a very sturdy, reliable phone that has served me well.

My other phone (I just swap the SIM cards between the 2 – when one phone is dead, I use the other) is an LG Traxx.  It's a slim flip phone.  Has a nice large screen for the internal and external display.  The nice thing is it has 54MB on onboard RAM (the V400 only has 5MB), plus a slot for a mini-SD card (which I have a 2GB in there loaded with tunes).  It plays music, which makes me happy, since my MP3 player broke.

I mainly use them for personal use, infrequently.  If the number is not in my list, I don't answer it, but if I voicemail is left, I will get back to you, and will more than likely add your name and number to my list.

I think that's about all.

tcolvinMI
    Keymaster

Just out of curiousity, what cellphone do you have and how do you use it?

Personally, the only real reason I have a cellphone is for emergency purposes.  However, lately, Ive had to have it just in case I need to take an after hours call.

I have a Motorola Razr v3, which is probably more phone than I'll ever need.  I was skeptical about buying it, because Ive had bad luck with Motorola products in the past.  I must say that in the 11 months that Ive had it, its been VERY reliable.

Im very strict about how I use my phone though.  I rarely talk on the phone while driving.  If I do, its quick and to the point.  I never answer a number I dont recognize.  If its that important, they'll leave a voicemail.  I never text, as I consider it a waste of time.  I rarely use the additional features on my phone, except for maybe the camera and the sounds.  I do have the USB cable to interface my PC and Phone, mostly for ringtones and contacts, etc.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.