Death Became It

Home Forums Hardware Death Became It

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Gweg
    Keymaster

So, this past weekend, my 80GB (primary OS drive) took a major death dive.  It sorta still works, but it's clicking pretty bad now, and won't stay running long enough to actually be usable.  Both my XP and Ubuntu installs went south, and I really don't feel like trying to attempt reload the images.  The 2 hours it takes, probably isn't worth the 15 minutes I might get out of the computer.

So, with money I don't have, I bought myself a replacement hard drive.  Taking the 250GB that is the storage drive for this computer and turning it into the primary drive, and taking this new 500GB drive and making it the new storage drive.  I should be good on space for awhile.

The point of this post.  ALWAYS be weary of power issues.  You may not have any now, but think about what you might add down the road that might murder your system, or cause enough damage that you may not see the problem until a year or so down the road.  This should be a lesson to me now.  I am no longer using any kind of power supply other than a PC Power and Cooling (unless the system is very cheap).

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.