Down For Now

Home Forums Smakk Studios Down For Now

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    D-RAYMAC
    Participant

Yeah, it is down for now…..$$ can be a biotch sometimes. I think I am going to switch to godaddy. But that

won't be for awhile now. We are gonna revamp it during the down period. A good time to work on it. Like it

really had content anyway…..lol

tcolvinMI
    Keymaster

GoDaddy has some incredible deals.  For example, for this site, for two months, I only paid $10, and Ive

got tons of sweet ass features.  Mightor Industries will be up for renewal shortly, but they've already

offered me a hellasweet package.  I could check to see what it would cost to host two domains with the same web

hosting package, then the three of us could split the cost.

Just a thought.

D-RAYMAC
    Participant

That is a pretty good idea. We are going to move Attic's Site to Go Daddy next month under the economy

plan next month. we are going for the three year deal. Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing how much that would be for

the 2 domain idea.

tcolvinMI
    Keymaster

I dont know if its even possible to do, but it would be sweet to find out what it would cost to host several

domains under the same web hosting package.  Be a hell of a lot easier to maintain.  Why the switch for

Attic Inc?  $$$?

D-RAYMAC
    Participant
    Quote:
    I dont know if its even possible to

do, but it would be sweet to find out what it would cost to host several domains under the same web hosting

package.  Be a hell of a lot easier to maintain.  Why the switch for Attic Inc?  $$$?

It's actually because we want to move even before we have a chance to burst at the seems. Our

current hosting is with the same place  as the game server we rent. It's not a bad deal, free with the

game server. But as we realized soon into it, 100mb of space is not gonna cut it when we have the intentions we have

for the site. If there is a referal program or anything, make sure we know so we can get you some easy $$….lol

tcolvinMI
    Keymaster

I just sent GoDaddy an email regarding hosting of several domains with one web host.  If I can get a

good deal on hosting all three domains, would you rather do that, than having a separate hosting package for Attic

Inc?  Might be cheaper than having a separate hosting package.  Im waiting to hear back.  As soon as

I hear something, I'll let you know.

tcolvinMI
    Keymaster

I was just looking at the packages at GoDaddy.  If you consider hosting all three sites under one web

hosting package (assuming we can do so), I wouldnt be adverse to upgrading the hosting package to the Deluxe

package, which would double our space and bandwidth, as well as give us tons of features and Google AdWords, which

would be helpful.  Just a thought.  If thats not a route you want to go with, I'll call Craig at

GoDaddy and see what he can do for you at my recommendation.  He might be able to get you a sweet deal.

D-RAYMAC
    Participant

We would like to keep Attic out of that hosting since it will take a good chunk of the bandwith the way we

have the server set-up, hosting some maps on the website. Plus, it would defeat the purpose of us going to godaddy

in the first place; to get more space. You shouldn't have to share your space with us. We are set to pay for

Attic's. I am interested in Smakk's possibility though.

tcolvinMI
    Keymaster

No problem, I'll email Craig and see what he can do for you for a three year deal.

Gweg
    Keymaster

Yeah, I like the idea of us maybe being able to host Smakk Studios here, cuz it'd be a nice way to keep

things together.  Yeah, I agree with Danny, that the Attic needs to stay seperate cuz of all the CounterStrike

stuff they run.  But yeah, Tim, what ever plan we get next, I should be able to pitch in a few bucks, I also

need to pick up Half-Life 2 as well, but I assume the hosting fee won't be that much.

tcolvinMI
    Keymaster

Good points.  Nah, the hosting costs shouldnt be that much, esp if we split the cost.  A three way

split would be even better.  As soon as Craig gets back to me with a quote, I'll know more. 

Danny, if we cant host both domains, any issues with hosting as a subdomain of Mightor Industries?  Its

already set up, all I have to do is give you the FTP info. 

D-RAYMAC
    Participant

A slight change of plans….Attic is going to aplus.net. Reasons for this includes SSH support, email

accounts, 12GB Space, Multiple Domain hosting(so we can host SMAKK), and we had bought atticinc.org from them so it

would be easy to move. It does cost more than godaddy but we need the features aplus.net offers for the goals we

have for Attic Inc. Oh, I love lamp!

Gweg
    Keymaster

Ok, cool, that works for me.  Anything that can get the site back up and running.  Cuz, the world

needs SMAKK, can't live without it!!  Anyway, that'll probably make it easy for you guys to manage it

and such, plus having a little more space and bandwidth for the videos and pics.

tcolvinMI
    Keymaster

Thats cool.  If you get me all the details, I'll see if maybe GoDaddy wants to bargain on the

price.  Should be able to get the same features.  Although, if you're set with getting another host

elsewhere, thats cool too.  My offer still stands on helping with the redesign.  Just let me know how I

can help.

Gweg
    Keymaster

Well, just browsing the net, and I noticed that Smakk Studios seems to be down

again.  Don't know if it's a problem on my end or not.  Just kinda posting an update on that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.