FTP Cleanup

Home Forums The Server Room FTP Cleanup

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    tcolvinMI
    Keymaster

Well, some of the stuff on there is stuff that isnt mine.  I have two other domains that are hosted from our FTP server.  The troop935 stuff is for boy scout troop 935, so that needs to not be touched.  Also, the tlth stuff is for my mom's website and that isnt to be touched.  Finally, Steve's website is also hosted through us.  So that isnt to be touched.

I'll take a gander at whats out there and see if it needs to be cleaned up.

I'll let you know.

Gweg
    Keymaster

Yeah, I knew about that stuff, although I didn't realize Steve was still hosting his page on our site.  It's mainly random ZIP files in such in the root directory that, although I do not know if some are important or not, I didn't know should be there or not.  Maybe like some things that got dropped in there for temp reasons, and then later forgot about.  I know I've done that a bunch of times.

tcolvinMI
    Keymaster

I cleaned up some of those files in the root of the http://ftp.  It was a lot of work junk I'd stuck in there.  Should all be gone now.

Im going to do a better evaluation of whats there and essentially eliminate what doesnt belong.  In order to do something with the main MI site, I think we'll need to spend the time cleaning up whats out there.  There are a few images and HTML pages there that I dont think need to be there any longer.  I'll try to focus on that before Friday night.

Gweg
    Keymaster

Yeah, old page stuff will need to go (unless it's used for archiving purposes). We canl take a better look at it Friday night, and talk over what should go and what should stay.  I still need to go through the rest of the stuff in the 'mp' folder that I haven't gotten to yet.

Gweg
    Keymaster

Tim,

I've been browsing through the FTP, and I've found a lot of random stuff through the server.  Some stuff has dates going back several years.  I think we need to take some time to clean off what's not being used anymore or what is no longer needed.  I'm not sure what a lot of that stuff is, since it's probably stuff you uploaded, and I'll leave that to you.  I'm going to be going through my MP folder over the next couple of days and clearing out old, unused stuff.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.