I’m not even sure it’s in english.

Home Forums Lounge I’m not even sure it’s in english.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Scott
    Participant

Oh man, here is what this person has to say about the game

of tag.

“First, a fundamental distinction occurs. Either one is in or one is out. If one is out, one

is situated in the blind spot of play's enclosure. This would be the “unmarked state” (Luhmann, 1995)

of play. This state is necessary for the preliminary transgression; since the unmarked is paradoxically marked by

its negativity in relation to the positively indicated (see also von Foerster 1993). However, the state is also

unintelligible when one moves into the region of play. If one needed constantly to take into account the abandoned

other of play (the unmarked state), there would, in effect, be less and less energy left for the interior of play.

Note also that even non-players or non-play elements have to be transformed into players or play elements in order

to be fully operational.”

I can not believe I have to read this.  I can't believe someone

wrote this.  This is what books in hell read like.

Gweg
    Keymaster

Wow, that almost seems like who ever wrote it, knew so little about the subject, that

they just used big words and a dead form of grammar to make it sound like they knew what they were talking

about.  I feel sorry for you for having to read that stuff.  Wouldn't it be easier to say the person

who is “it” chases the other people who are “not it” around someone's back yard.  I

mean seriously, we don't need an intellectual thesis on tag, if 5 year olds understand how to play the game,

then we shouldn't need degrees from Harvard and Yale to be able to read on how to play the game.

Ok,

I'm rambling now, I can't believe someone would write that either.  I'd rather read that article

from our Inrto to Gaming class (SCAD) with the guy who stared out his window for 3 hours for no apparent

reason.  At least that held some entertainment value.

Scott
    Participant

Ha ya and that guy who played some VR and kept falling

over hours after he finished playing because his body “thought it was still playing the game”, im pretty

sure that was the same article.

Gweg
    Keymaster

More than likely, but 1000 times better than what they got you reading now.

Scott
    Participant

My teacher for nonlinear storytelling has given us reading to do. It is in English but

its what I would call “Harvard speak”. You could read the whole thing and not understand a thing it says.

Here It's sort of funny the sentences you

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.