Interesting article

Home Forums Lounge Interesting article

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Gweg
    Keymaster

Ah, the corporate management has found a new way to laugh at us consumers as we take it in the rear,

again.  Ok, first thing, since no one has decided on a new standard yet, no reason for me to start looking into

it yet.  I've lived my whole life without HD equipment, why start now?  (yeah, I know HD is amazing,

but DVDs through S-Video are really nice too)  Ok, here's something else, I just bought my DVD player (a

real high end, expensive model, by the way), just a little over 6 years ago, and I already have to think about

upgrading?  Nope, not yet.  Besides, I'm sure they'll still be making standard DVDs for awhile,

even after the new format comes out (I hope, or they'll cut those off to force people to upgrade).  And,

why has Hollywood been losing money?  They think it's piracy, yes, it does play at little role, affecting

mainly DVD sales, but what about box office sales?  People bootlegging screeners, taking cameras in the

theaters?  It happens, but has anyone stopped, and really taken a good look at the movies that have been coming

out lately?  Most of them are pure CRAP!!!  They aren't selling tickets cuz movies nowadays suck, and

suck hard.  Every now and then, you get a gem, but think of the amount of crap you have to dig through

first.  No wonder Hollywood isn't making money, same for the recording industry, people do want to pay for

stuff that sucks (although, that can be argued, but saved for another time).  I hate the fact that we have to

suffer because all those snots running the studios have their heads so far up their behinds that they can't

make decent movies anymore; ahem, a good action/space/sci-fi movie anyone?  (and I will also debate the quality

and watchabiltly of some of these new independent and forgein films too, quit with the friggin sappy drama,

I've seen some of the awesome CG some of these other contries can do, why the hell aren't they using those

talents to make awesome movies, Wonderful Days, for example, it was Korean, but it rocked, abiet a bit confusing,

but it rocked).

Ok, that's enough on that, I'll have to stop before I really get started. 

Also, unless Tommy Boy is released in HD, that is the perfect reason why I don't need to upgrade (not like they

can anyway, the movie wasn't shot in HD).

Scott
    Participant

Yes I agree enough with the independent films, apparently a movie can

Gweg
    Keymaster

Because 99.7% of Americans are mindless.  Yeah, that's something else that drives me nuts, a

movie that is about the actors.  I can't stand that.  It's like I was listening to Opie and

Anthony on XM this morning while I was driving back to school, and they had Kevin Smith on with them today. 

Kevin Smith said that working with these high paid actors is difficult and a pain.  He said that it was a

breath of fresh air to work on Clerks 2, with Brian O'Halloran (Dante) and Jeff Anderson (Randal), low

maintenance actors that aren't focused their own self superiority.  See, we need more directors like Kevin

Smith, now that man knows how to make a movie!

Scott
    Participant

Ya he has some great movies, I want to see clerks 2 so bad. It

Scott
    Participant

I justy read this interesting article about how

hollywood has already screwed over anyone who is going to buy next generation dvds in the near future.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.