Massive Update

Home Forums Lounge Massive Update

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Scott
    Participant

Wow a new post, I keep checking back here every once in a while although a lot less frequently after the two and a half month mark for new posts.

Not much has been happening with me.  The Savannah College of Art and Design graduate department has been kind of pissing me off for a while now.  At the beginning of summer the teacher who runs the graduate review board said he would help a bunch of us online graduate students out by getting out review material up to scratch.  He  made a website to help us and asked us to do some stuff and email it to him the first week and then he never updated the site or even got back to us again.  The new school year starts and I send an email to the head of the interactive design department saying I would like to sign up for the online graduate review, she never replies.  I wait a week and send another email, no reply.  I wait a week and a half and send another email and I get a reply “Oh you want to sign up for the graduate review? Gee I don't know its already half way through the quarter Ill have to see if I can get you in.” I get another email later saying they got me in but everything is due to be turned in in five days.  I scrambled and got everything turned in on time but the stress was horrible. Its been like four weeks and they haven't gotten back to me on whether I passed, and there were only two other people doing the review.

Oh and I went to Vegas about a month and a half ago, that was awesome, stayed at the Bellagio, saw them filming the crossover episode of CSI and Without a Trace at the Planet Hollywood (It aired this Thursday). Also saw the Blueman Group and another show. It was and amazing place.

Thats pretty much all that has happened to me.  Your podcast is awesome, I'm a gameaholic myself.

tcolvinMI
    Keymaster

The podcast isnt actually my project…just a project started by some friends of mine.  Seems like they're doing a good job so far. Just thought I'd spread the word.

Sorry to hear about what happened at Savannah…always a bunch of crap with those universities seems like.

Yeah, its been rather dead around here.  No one seems to have any time to do anything.  I know Greg and I have been swamped at work recently.  And this is supposed to be our slow season….

tcolvinMI
    Keymaster

I know its been awhile since anyone's posted, including myself.  A lot of things have been going on as of late.

First, I want to congratulate gweg_b on finally getting a real world job.  He joined the ranks at Smyth Retail Systems (the company I work for) as our technical department representative.  He'll be handling many of the more technical aspects of our company and has been doing a fine job thus far.

Also, I took over a teaching position at Walsh University, where I went to school, teaching a class in introductory programming using Python.  This has been an interesting venture for me thus far.  Im also teaching a second course in Visual Basic in the Spring of 08, where I'll be covering database integration as well as client/server technology. 

The project that had me tied up for a majority of the year is finally done and has been released to our new customers.  The general release is coming soon.  Now Im working on several things, including bringing our company up to Vista.  Personally, Im extremely disappointed with how Vista operates.  More on that later.

For those of you interested in the latest in video games, some friends of mine have started “That Video Game Podcast”, a weekly series in the latest happenings in video games.  You can check it out at http://www.thatvideogamepodcast.com.

Also note that Mozgus (a member and close affiliate of the site) is currently being hosted by Mightor Industries, Inc.  His site can be viewed at http://www.stevemv.com.

Im definitely interested in hearing whats going on with the rest of our audience, as we havent had a lot of traffic as of late.  I believe thats all thats happening right now.  Im seriously considering a redesign for the main site.  Something that relates to the CMS we were discussing a few months back.  Once I get some free time, I'll hopefully be able to come up with something.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.