Running MacOS X on a PC

Home Forums Operating Systems Mac OS Running MacOS X on a PC

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Gweg
    Keymaster

I'm going to make an update to this post.  I understand the interest in the challenge of trying to get Mac OSX to run on your PC (I mean, what computer geek doesn't like a challenge), but from my experience at work, I don't think I'd ever want to run OSX at home.  I am just happy with my Windows (2000/XP/7) and Linux (Ubuntu 10.x) systems.  They do what I need, and for my to try and get OSX running would feel like wasted effort to me.  But I say congrats to those who have successfully managed to get their Hackintosh systems running.

I'm just very angry with Apple right now and how they do certain things and manipulate people, but that is not a discussion for here.

tcolvinMI
    Keymaster

It seems to me that ever since Apple switched to the Intel processor that their OS should be available for a standard PC.  I realize the reasons behind why a Mac is so expensive, because they're VERY picky about the hardware they interface with.  (Give one up to Microsoft for handling that one).  However, Ive always wanted to try OS X without such a dramatic cost.  I can spend half the money on a PC that it would cost me for a Mac, and still get a decent experience (maybe).  But I dont want to buy a Mac and then not be happy with it.

With that said, some have attempted to install OS X onto a PC, being very selective about parts.  A slashdot story to follow, as soon as I can get my browser to copy properly.

http://apple.slashdot.org/arti…..8;from=rss

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.