The First Show Tim and I Went To

Home Forums Computer Shows The First Show Tim and I Went To

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tcolvinMI
    Keymaster

Ahh, this computer show was awesome.  Except for the old dude that Greg mentioned in his previous post.  This guy came up to us and not only tried to talk to us about how Dell computers sucked and how LiteOn Drives werent any good.  Of all the things he said, the one that stuck me was when he said Gateway was better than Dell.  WTF?  Im not saying I support one or the other.  However, in my experience, Dell has always been a better product.  Their online support rocked, their on call support rocked, and they always got parts out to me within a day or two.  But I digress.  Anyway, so Greg and I pretty much listened to the guy, but in that way that you might listen to your parents sometimes, using the selective hearing filter.  I think all I heard was blah blah blah, Dell Sucks, blah blah blah Gateway rules, Lite On SuX0rz.  After listening to this guy, we each purchased a brand new 48x24x48 Lite On CD Burner.  I tell ya, I burned over 500 cds on that thing and it still runs like it was brand new.  We also stopped at the Penn Brewery for chow.  I think I had a reuben there.  It was pretty damn tasty.  I gotta tell you, never come between a geek and his food, especially if he or she has been planted in front of the computer all day.

The good ol' days.  🙂

Gweg
    Keymaster

Yeah, I can't remember what I had at the Brewery, probably a big chicken sandwich or something.  But I agree with Tim, when a geek is having a big meal, don't get in his way.

Someday, I will return to a computer show!!!

tcolvinMI
    Keymaster

Yeah, I think it was a chicken sandwich.  In fact, I think it was a buffalo chicken sandwich but dont quote me on that, because its been so long I dont remember.  Come to think of it, I don't think I remember what happened 10 minutes ago.  I was probably dinking around in this forum somewhere, LOL!!

Gweg
    Keymaster

Wow, I can remember the first (and so far only) computer show that Tim and I attended.  Man, this must have been back in December of '02 (I think).  I forget the name of the show, but it was near Pittsburgh, PA.  When we got there, the place was crowded.  I remember we first browsed around, stopping and looking at some of the fancy new monitors first.  After looking the place over, we were ready to spend MONEY!!!  I bought cables, adapters, fans, heatsinks, a 40GB WD 8MB cache hard drive for like $70 (it was a steal at that time), and a 5 port USB PCI card.  Tim and also bought our first LiteOn CD-RW drives there too.  Of course, I remember that, cuz some old fart came up to us trying to tell us how crappy the LiteOn drives were, and that we shouldn't waste our money, and buy Plextor drives.  Nothing wrong with Plextor's from my experience, but I couldnt' pass up a 48x24x52 (I think) burner for $50!!  I will say, that burner is still going strong (it's still in my workstation, which has a dead motherboard right now).  I don't know about Tim's, but I'm sure he's got it somewhere.  I don't know what things Tim got, but I'm sure he'll post, and probably add some of the experience that I left out.  I can't wait til I get a chance to get to another computer show (when I have the time and money, lol!)!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.