The Junkyard

Home Forums Automobiles The Junkyard

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Gweg
    Keymaster

So, yesterday, my brother and I went to the U-Wrench-It junkyard in Columbus for the first time in probably about 3 years.  I've always liked going to the junkyard, because it's like a mystery grab-bag for auto parts.  Never really sure what you're going to find.

We didn't spend too much time yesterday, as we were really there for some specific items.  My brother was there looking for things for his Dakota and Daytona (unfortunately did really didn't find anything).  I was looking for a hood for my '95 LeSabre, and we were both there to get a rear door for our mom's '97 LeSabre.  Pickings were kind of slim yesterday, but we managed to get a door that was in great shape (it's maroon, and we needed white, but it'll be repainted), and I found a hood that was in near mint condition, it was just silver instead of green.

Not too bad of a haul.  I'd love to go back again during this coming spring and summer, and do some scavenging for my car, as I still have some major projects planned, and I need parts.  Probably next time we'll be able to spend more time, and bring more people.  It's fun when you can get a group of guys together, and you all try and get something off a car that decides that it just doesn't want to budge.

Anyway, just felt like sharing.  I'm also very sore from that – not used to doing that much heavy lifting.  If anyone else has something they'd like to share about a trip to the junkyard, just post your stories here.  Also, if you have any questions (say you've never gone before), I'll try and help out as much as I can!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.