Tutorials Section?

Home Forums Updates Tutorials Section?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Gweg
    Keymaster

Sounds like a good idea.  I was kind of thinking about something like this a little while ago.  It'd be nice if we could have a section that is part of the board, but kind of separate in a way, kinda of how like at the Bonneville Club forum, they have their regular boards, but for their tech articles/tutorials, they have a separate section of the boards.

Link: http://www.pontiacbonnevillecl…..m.php?f=38

They make them like articles that users can't really post in, but provide very useful information.  I kinda like that setup, and we could try and do it that way, unless, you, Tim, have any idea on something.

tcolvinMI
    Keymaster

Probably just adjust the permissions so that only you or I could post to the group.  After looking at the bonneville forums, thats essentially all they've done.

tcolvinMI
    Keymaster

So Ive been considering writing some tutorials.  One of the tutorials Ive been considering is an HTML tutorial.  There are some good HTML tutorials out there.  HTML Dog is probably one of the best. However, while it gives the user a way to get started in HTML fairly easily, it doesnt provide the level of detail that I would like to see.  Essentially what I would like to do is create a tutorials section, with each tutorial type (HTML, CSS, etc) as a sub-section.  Then within that, write sticky topics that contain the tutorial, allowing for comments on what is posted.

This wouldnt be limited to programming tutorials, but any kind of tutorials that a reader might be interested in.

What do you think?  Perhaps make it a weekly segment or something?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.