update tool

Home Forums The Server Room update tool

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gweg
    Keymaster

Sounds great.  It's going to be awesome once we have this system working.  One thing tho, at

the moment, uhmm, I forget the link for the update tool.  So, whenever, just post it, or if I'm on, IM it

to me.  You might have it already posted somewhere here, I'm just too lazy to look at the moment. 

Man, I wish we had the time to update out pages.  You seem to be making some progress.  Technically, I

have some free time now (beginning of quarter), but really, I have absolutely no content to add.  Sad really,

been wanting a stable site for years, and now that we actually have one, I don't have anything to put on

it.  I'm sure by summer, I'll have something going on that I can or something.  I can't

wait to see this stuff finished and working, it's gonna kick major butt.

tcolvinMI
    Keymaster
    Gweg
    Keymaster

Sweet deal.  I still think that thing is sweet.

tcolvinMI
    Keymaster

Greg:

I added a bit of redirection to the update tool that makes it function exactly how I wanted it to,

minus the user login, which Im working on now.  Remember how whenever you would enter something into the update

page, no matter what you were updating, it would always redirect to the main index page??  Well, I added some

redirection based on the source so that if you update the main page, it redirects to the main page, or if you update

MP, it redirects to MP, etc.  Try it out sometime and let me know, and I'll remove the rogue entries.

Im going to add all of our current production stuff into the dev environment so we can play around with it

for stuff like testing this, that way we dont have to constantly maintain the production database.  It wont be

until next week tho, but its an idea I had for these kinds of things.

User login is going well, I have

the registration basically working, minus some error checking, as well as the actual login.  I havent uploaded

my latest changes, as I want to add in some error checking and pretty it up a bit.  Once I do that, the login

should be about done.  Next after that is adding features based on login, which should be pretty sweet. 

The first thing im going to test is our update tool with the user login.  Should be sweet.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.