Where is everyone?

Home Forums Lounge Where is everyone?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Gweg
    Keymaster

Been busy myself.  Not much time to talk, but, I've had to deal with a half dead PC (OS

issues), been kept extremely all month.  Pretty much sums it up.

tcolvinMI
    Keymaster

Havent seen hardly any activity on this thing in awhile.  Was just wondering what everyone was up to?

Myself, Ive been incredibly busy with work.  We just released the latest version of our software at

work, so I was working on getting everything ready for the installation.  Then once we went to upgrade our

first customer, it blew up because of a licensing program issue.  Spent Friday and Saturday working on that as

well as Monday.  Now Im back to working on development, trying to get some bugs fixed as well as finishing this

big project Ive been on for quite some time. 

I realize the web site has been seriously neglected

recently.  I have done no web development in weeks, mostly because Im either too tired, or too busy to even

think about it once I get home.  And it doesnt look like its going to let up.  Im planning on turning my

workstation at home into at least a four OS workstation, having at least four different versions of Windows

installed on my workstation for testing of our future deployments.  Im planning on having WinXP, Win2k pro,

Win2k Server, and Win2003 Server installed.  Im probably also going to be working on integrating our web

product into our standalone app, so thats going to take up some of my time, but Im hoping to find some valuable code

that will allow me to improve my knowledge of PHP and web development as a whole.

If Ive promised you

anything in the last several weeks, but havent gotten it to you, I sincerely apologize.  Seems like

everyone's been affected by my extended work hours as of late.  Even Melissa's pretty PO'd that

I havent been home (at least she was Friday because she's off that day).  I will do my very best to try to

get whatever I said I would get you.  But please be patient as work things have become quite a priority as of

late.

I can tell you that there is light at the end of the tunnel.  Since July 4th is on a Tuesday

this year, and Melissa has June 30th to July 4 off, I decided to take a couple of extra vacation days so I could be

home.  I could certainly use the rest.  So I probably wont be on the computer much, except to check email

and chat a little with the few people I usually chat with. 

As part of a work project, I'll be

working in PHP to export data from a database into XML format so that it can be used by our standalone

application.  Once I figure out how this is done from the PHP side, I'll post my findings, for anyone who

is interested.  Also, I have a paper from an online friend on Search Engines that looks promising.  Once I

find time to paruse through it, I may be posting that as well.  The one good thing about the paper is that its

really just an introduction.  There are series of books on this subject and it would be nice, in my opinion, to

let anyone who's interested know how these things work.

I think that's all I have for

now.  Oh, anyone see the AskSlashdot article about the Geek Squad?  It was posted yesterday evening. 

The comments are quite a funny read, but in my experience, totally accurate.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.