Windows 7 Beta Download Delayed

Home Forums Operating Systems Windows (All Versions) Windows 7 Beta Download Delayed

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    tcolvinMI
    Keymaster

Today at noon PST, Microsoft tried to release the first beta of Windows 7.  So at 3PM EST, I tried to download a copy.  First attempt: wait wait wait wait…..for five frickin minutes…only to get “Server is too busy.”  I tried this for a half hour before I finally gave up.  2nd attempt, direct download links found on the internet.  Total size of the download…2.96GB.  I was able to get it to start downloading and it was downloading just fine, but was then cut off at 350 MB.  So I decided, screw it, I'll wait until later.  About 10 minutes ago, I did a search for the Windows 7 Beta download and come to find out that due to overwhelming demand, they're putting off the release until they can upgrade their infrastructure to handle the load.

Here's a link to the article I just read.

http://www.pcworld.com/article…..emand.html

Couple of other notes.

If you had a TechNet Plus subscription, you could download a day earlier (yesterday).
    Microsoft is capping the downloads at 2.5 million.
    The product key for the beta expires in August 2009.

Personally, with all the talk thats been going on about Windows 7, you would have thought they would have been more prepared than they were for the release, especially since they were making it available exclusively online.  Way to plan, Microsoft.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.