Work in Progress…but hey, its progress

Home Forums Mightor Technologies Work in Progress…but hey, its progress

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    tcolvinMI
    Keymaster

Like all of the sites involved in the Mightor Industries project,

Mightor Technologies is a work in progress.  But I have to tell you that every day Im thinking of new things to

put on the site.  The only problem is lack of time to spend on it.  Mightor Technologies, along with

everything else involved with Mightor Industries, is one of many hobby projects.  In fact, it is the most

active of my hobby projects.  Several years ago when we first started doing this, I wasnt 100% sure where I was

going with this project.  After four years of college and a year and a half of practical programming

experience, I feel I have the tools necessary to make a decent site with the topics and ideas that I want. 

Plus, it gives me a chance to learn something new.  Today is a perfect day to remind me that I need other

projects outside of work to wind down a bit after spending 8+ hours a day coding and scripting.  Dont get me

wrong, I love writing software, but just like with anything else, it gets frustrating when you cant make things

work. 

Mightor Technologies is basically a site that explores everything technology related. 

Specifically, I have chosen to cover such things as software development, networking, operating systems, server

construction, hardware, and a lot of other stuff which I havent thought of yet.  I spend a lot of time reading

and tinkering, finding ways to make things work, or developing things from scratch, just to understand how they

work.  However, one thing I have found in my research is that there is never enough documentation to go

around.  Especially the kind of documentation that is understandable for anyone.  One of my primary goals

when talking to people about the things I do is to be able to explain it to them so they understand.  So at any

time, if no one understands what Im saying, let me know.  Im always willing to explain things again until

they're clear and consise.

Since Im currently working on posting content to the site, the site is

very much incomplete.  Currently, you can find a couple of articles on software development, as well as a short

blurb about the site.  Within the next couple of months, there should be some more material for people to

explore.  However, dont hold your breath on too much.  Ive got a big project coming up at work which will

probably occupy a lot of my time until its finished.  But one thing Ive decided to avoid is forgetting about

the site. 

One other thing I hope to do is have others write for the site as well.  Obviously

I have editorial control, but I also know that Im far from an authority on anything.  If there is someone else

who knows more about it than I do, they're free to write about it.

One of the reasons there's

not too much content at the moment, despite having a large list of things to do and write about for the site, is

that Greg and I decided to implement this super sweet forum.  It wasnt one of my priorities but it was

definitely worth the time investment. 

Enjoy whats on the site and expect more material to

follow.  Also, enjoy the forums.  I know Greg and I are. ;D

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.